Stay up to date with arts and culture events throughout the year
- Thu., Mar. 18Facebook liveMar. 18, 8:00 p.m. MDTFacebook liveRenowned playwright Emilio Carballido presents the story of two university students, Margarita and Jessica, handing out flyers in a Mexico City neighbourhood. This one-act play presents a lighthearted look at the political tension in the country at this time. Directed by: Luis Javier Gutierrez
- Sat., Dec. 05Facebook Live
- Sat., Nov. 28Facebook Live
- Sat., Oct. 31Facebook LiveOct. 31, 2020, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. MDTFacebook LiveJoin us for an amazing day online! Ofrenda on display throughout the event Pan de Muertos and hot chocolate tasting and for sale Aztec dance Workshops and many more activities! Everyone is welcome to make-up or costume. It mows costumes with the theme to the day-of-the-dead tradition.
- Fri., Oct. 16www.facebook.com/CasaMexicoFoundationOct. 16, 2020, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.www.facebook.com/CasaMexicoFoundationA community-based project that seeks to empower artists from the Spanish spoken community living in the Calgary area in the use of Digital Storytelling to create compelling stories about who they are as artists. These digital stories (3 to 4 minutes of videos) were developed in a 6-week workshop
- Sat., Sep. 19https://www.facebook.com/SpanicArts
- Intersectionality and Solidarity among communitiesSat., Jun. 27https://www.facebook.com/SpanicArtsJun. 27, 2020, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. MDThttps://www.facebook.com/SpanicArtsseeking social justice and challenging racism, SpanicArts would like to open the Desayunarte Platform to the Black Lives Matter movement. We would also like to commemorate National Indigenous Peoples Day. For this month’s topic, artists of these communities will talk about their experiences in this